Lovely Links


Woohoo I can cross #50 off my 101 in 1001 days list! If you haven't read it yet, you can here

One// The 52 Best Colleges in the United States

I'm a senior this year (hello, college apps and essays!) so I've been researching schools every chance I get. This list provides great insight into some things that I didn't even think to look into (ability to graduate in four years, social life, and the surrounding area). It just makes narrowing down the list so much easier!

Two// September 

I can't believe it's almost September AKA the best month ever. It's my birthday month (yay for brunches!), the weather is *finally* getting cooler so it's socially acceptable to order venti soy lattes, it's back to school season, and it's NYFW! I was on the Saks site and can't stop looking at this Zac Posen, Elie Saab, or Christian Siriano, if only I had somewhere to wear those to!

Three// Inside Amazon
This 6,000-word New York Times piece details Amazon's ideology of pushing their employees to their absolute limit, and after reading the article, I stumbled across this response. "I wish I lived my life differently." That line terrifies me, because I'm such an indecisive person, and that line is even more applicable now since I'm starting to apply to colleges and choosing my major. Some of the last lines really resonated with me: "If you're going to devote the best year of life to work, do so intentionally. You can do great things AND live your life well."

Four// Marnie the Dog 

Hi my name is Joanna and I spend way to much time on Marnie the Dog's Instagram. But seriously though, nothing cheers me up more after my AP Literature class than getting to see a picture of Marnie show up on my feed!

Five// Obama's Summer Playlist 

Reason #593824 why Obama is great.

No comments:

Post a Comment