101 in 1001


If I had a dollar for every time I said "I'm going to bucket list that!" but never do, I could do so, so many things (which would go on another never-going-to-happen list). 1001 days, 2.75 years, is a great compromise between keeping a running to do list with short term goals and making a bucket list. I'm so excited! 


With a little inspiration from Mackenzie Horan, I am starting my very own list of 101 things I plan to do in the next 1001 days. Some of these are big, like moving into a dorm or purchasing another car, and some of these are very small, like eat another lobster roll or buy flowers.


P.S.- Some goals will have links to blog posts, and others (like paying it forward, writing handwritten notes) will not!


Day Started: August 14, 2015


Day Ended: May 11, 2018


1. Read 50 new books. 

2. Put $20 into savings for every goal accomplished.
3. Go on a crazy roller coaster.
4. Throw a surprise party.
5. Visit 5 new states.
6. Take a calligraphy class.
7. Go to Martha's Vineyard.
8. Host a dinner party.
9. Ride a Vespa.
10. Go a full month without Starbucks.
11. Go on a picnic.
12. Attend a polo match.
13. Vote in every single election I possibly can when I turn 18.
14. Go to the Melrose flea market.
15. Give 5 "just because" gifts.
16. Run a 5k.
17. Try SoulCycle.
18. See a movie outdoors.
19. Invest in 10 things.
20. Take a surfing lesson.
21. Spend a day exploring Catalina Island.
22. Go swimming with belugas or dolphins or any sea mammal, really.
23. Start collecting coffee table books.
24. Go to a concert (or two).
25. Kiss under the mistletoe/in the rain.
26. Go boating in Vineyard Vines.
27. Spend an afternoon at a botanical garden.
28. Start a blog Instagram and keep it updated.
29. Travel to a new continent.
30. Plan a staycation.
31. Post 5 "how to" posts.
32. Inspire someone to blog!
33. See 15 new movies.
34. Send 25 handwritten notes. (not including thank you notes)
35. Try a juice cleanse.
36. Go unplugged for 24 hours.
37. Move into my dorm.
38. Get my license.
39. Purchase personalized stationary.
40. Try 12 new recipes (and blog about it!). 
41. Graduate high school.
42. Take my parents out for dinner.
43. Do yoga on the beach.
44. Invest in a handbag.
45. Drive down PCH with the windows down.
46. Go to a music festival.
47. Go to bed before 11pm for a month.
48. Embark on a fun trip with my friends.
49. Go vegan for a month.
50. Buy flowers #treatyoself
51. Peruse a farmer's market.
52. Watch the sunrise.
53. Take a yoga class every week for a month.
54. Have a no spend week and donate to a charitable cause.
55. Organize my laptop's hard drive.
56. Visit a new museum.
57. Help someone accomplish a goal.
58. Attend a regatta (bonus points if my brother is rowing).
59. Have breakfast in bed.
60. Make a life decision 100% based on what I want/what I think is best.
61. Have a spa day.
62. Meet a presidential/senatorial candidate.
63. Blog with a schedule for a month.
64. Get a DryBar blowout.
65. Make someone proud.
66. Get a pair of reading glasses I love.
67. Attend a ball/black tie event/charity gala.
68. Hike in a new location.
69. Take a skiing/snowboarding lesson.
70. Buy a car.
71. Host a brunch and make all the food.
72. Try 10 new restaurants in Orange County.
73. Do one thing completely out of my comfort zone.
74. Buy a party clutch!
75. Get my first big girl job. 
76. Pay it forward.
77. Find the right shade of red lipstick.
78. Discover a lavender field.
79. Eat another lobster roll from San Fransisco.
80. Play a full round of golf with my dad.
81. Learn how to ride a bike (and buy a bike!).
82. Buy a cashmere sweater in a fun color.
83. Paint my nails something other than pink.
84. Plant a vegetable garden.
85. Use my planner everyday for a month.
86. Make someone's day!
87. Send someone a care package.
88. Attend a professional athletic event.
89. Start a LinkedIn profile- and complete it.
90. Spend a day with my grandma.
91. Buy my mom something she wants, but wouldn't buy for herself.
92. Find a go to perfume.
93. Make pasta from scratch.
94. Let a friend know that I care about them.
95. Initiate something.
96. See a new Broadway show.
97. Build a snowman.
98. Update my resume.
99. Reconnect with an old friend.
100. Visit a lighthouse.
101. Learn how to pop a bottle of champagne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment