Treat Yo' Self: Tips and Tricks to Make It Through This Week


I have AP tests coming up for the next two weeks (and one of my tests is the very, very last AP test on Friday the 13th- yikes!!) so I've been spending a little more time studying and cooped up in coffee shops. I get a little jittery when I've been sitting for too long (AKA in class) so I've made a list of a couple things I do to treat myself for studying or doing homework for a long time. I've been trying to do one of these things every day and it just makes me so much happier and peppier and ready to get things done!! 



1. yoga class: I've been going to CorePower Yoga so much in the past couple of weeks that I got a black tag membership and it's seriously so amazing! My favorite classes are the Sculpt or the CorePower Yoga 3- they're set to really upbeat music and I get motivated to finish whatever work or studying I have to do after! If it's like a day where I just need to de-stress, I take the Restore or CorePower Yoga 1 class. Some yoga favorites: these yoga pants, the cutest yoga top, the best headband, and a super fun and glittery glass water bottle

2. plan: I. love. planning. And that's like an understatement. It makes me happy to organize all my plans and to see everything I have to do, and stickers are just so bright and cheerful. I'll probably do a planner post (or video) soon but in the meantime, here are some cute planners that are sure to brighten your day: 1, 2 (I have this one and love it), 3, 4

3. go to the beach: Obviously this isn't possible for everyone, but going out and staying in the sun for a couple of hours is the best! I recently went on a 'kini shopping spree in anticipation for all the beach days ahead! Here are some of the ones I ordered and can't wait to wear and some that I have pinned on a wishlist: 1, 2, 3, 4 (but in black), 5, 6, 7, 8

4. get a new skincare regime: I love trying out new skincare products, so when I'm in a rut, I try and change up my routine to see if something works better. I just bought this Tatcha cleanser at Sephora and it's the most amazing cleanser I've ever used- plus, it removes makeup too!! 

5. go hiking: There are so, so many trails by my house and some of them are really short hikes that take no longer than an hour! I'll text my friends to bring their dogs and we'll hike and grab food after! Plus, it gives you an excuse to order mac n' cheese. 

6. go grocery shopping: This definitely isn't for everyone, but one thing my friends and I love to do is go to Whole Foods or Sprouts to get snacks and whatnot! We'll try new cheeses (we love cheese) and slightly questionable vegan dupes of food (like vegan hot dogs- 0/10 recommend those). 

7. treat yo' self: Ok, who doesn't like online shopping in comfy PJs while snacking on chocolate covered acai berries? (except when you check your bank account and you have like $42.01 left in your checking account. then you probably wouldn't like online shopping) If I have something I want in mind, then I'll just order it online as opposed to shopping at the mall. I recently treated myself to new sunglasses, and they're super cute (even though I look like a bug in them). Or better yet, have a treat yo' self day (a la Parks & Rec)! 


 I hope you found some of these helpful!

xoxo,
Joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment